December 17th, 2011
Applying Geographic Information Systems to SADC Development 14 – 17 February 2006, Cape Town, South Africa
Applying Geographic Information Systems to SADC Development
14 – 17 February 2006, Cape Town, South Africa
CESPAM is organising this activity within its ongoing Executive Training Programme. The seminar will treat the subject of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and its application to development particularly in the SADC region including the agriculture, environment, water management and urban planning sectors. This intensive management-development programme will assist delegates in:
- identfying and understanding the sectoral applications of GIS and its potential benefits to the SADC region,
- positioning GIS in the development process and the provision of e-Government services,
- reviewing international case studies as well as regional developments and SADC targets in this area,
- proposing national and SADC actions in support of models of good practice and intra-regional information-exchange, and;
- understanding the potential role for private-sector partnerships in this area.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.